Monday, July 14, 2008

Back From Hillsong Conference!

Wow! Such a super long time since I've blogged. Well, I've just come back from an amazing hillsong conference in Sydney. It was my 1st time going to such a conference, and during the 1st day, I was already stunned by the no. of ppl that turned up from 70 countries and from 21 different denominations. The whole experience was simply amazing as the conference urged believers to champion the cause of the local church. The most important things I've heard and learnt are these words said by one of the Hillsong pastors during the conference.

May God give you the capacity to make a difference in your world
To bring salvation to your communities
To build a church by his grace with Him
The church of the Lord Jesus Christ
To extend His kingdom
To proclaim righteousness
To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly before your God
Love God, love people, love life.
Change the world.

Truly, God was exalted during that conference.. It was an amazing experience that I pray will make me more passionate to love others, love God and love life. Now as I am awaiting my semester 1 results, and looking ahead towards my final semester of study, I can truly appreciate what God is doing through me, in me, and in the world. Praise God for He alone is worthy to be praised! :)

No comments: